-
-
-
MLCC's world's largest plant ceases production

MLCC's world's largest plant ceases production

  • Categories:Industry News
  • Author:
  • Origin:Printed circuit information
  • Time of issue:2020-04-13 15:29

MLCC's world's largest plant ceases production

  • Categories:Industry News
  • Author:
  • Origin:Printed circuit information
  • Time of issue:2020-04-13 15:29
  • Views:0
Source: Printed Circuit Information
 
The capacitor is one of the three passive components. MLCC (Chip Multilayer Ceramic Capacitor) is an important part of it. It is widely used in smartphones, automotive electronics, 5G communication and other fields. The global market size exceeds 11 billion US dollars.
 
Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is the world's largest MLCC manufacturer, with a monthly output of 120 billion pieces, with a production capacity of 31% of the world, and it is mainly in the high-end market. Recently, due to the new pneumonia epidemic, Murata's plant in Fukui, Japan, announced that it had ceased production, after Murata's plant in the Philippines had ceased production. It is reported that the Philippine factory shutdown affects 15% of the production capacity, and the Japanese factory shutdown affects 25% of the production capacity. The two together affect Murata's global MLCC production capacity of 40%.
 
The reporter learned that, due to the epidemic, Murata has been in a state of insufficient construction and low capacity utilization since February. Due to the impact of the epidemic, passive component manufacturers started this year later than in previous years, and shipment plans have been postponed, resulting in further tensions in supply and demand.
 
The MLCC industry has entered a monopoly stage, with the world ’s top five factories accounting for nearly 80% of the world ’s market share. The top three factories are Murata, Samsung Electric, and Yageo. With the epidemic like a snowball, the production capacity of the five factories is almost all Was affected.
 
In this case, how will Murata's two factories stop production in succession, and how will it affect the MLCC industry?
 
 "Yageo has issued a new round of price increase notices at the end of March, and the prices of individual varieties have risen by 30% to 50%." In response to this, some passive component channel vendors said in an interview that in addition to Yageo, other manufacturers have also followed suit. Increase prices. The above-mentioned person further introduced the logic of price increase: from the demand side, although mobile phones are not strongly pulling goods for the time being, the demand for applications in other fields is still relatively strong, supporting the price increase of subdivided varieties.
 
 A person from the original factory told reporters that due to the stocking of 5G mobile phones, etc., the downstream demand of MLCC is not expected to weaken significantly, and the epidemic may make some orders delayed but will not disappear. "Our mobile phone customers are still rushing for goods."
 
Many industry insiders believe that in the next step, if the epidemic situation in Japan and Southeast Asia further deteriorates, more MLCC manufacturers may enter a state of suspension. At that time, the supply and demand relationship of MLCC will be further tight, and the possibility of another price increase cannot be ruled out.
Shenzhen Weixinda Industry and Trade Co., Ltd. Shenzhen City peacekeeping letter of Industry and Trade Co., Ltd
QQ:523833128(Mr.Li)
Service Hotline : Mr.Li
15989495260
img img

Copyright © 2017 Shenzhen Weixinda Industry and Trade Co., Ltd. 粤ICP备12043849号 POWER BY 300.cn

Online customer service
Customer service hotline
0755-26487258 0755-26487258
Service time:
8:00 - 24:00
Customer service group:
在线客服
QQ: